This non-trekking "soft adventure" is a perfect trip for those wanting to visit the most beautiful sites in Southern Peru within a limited time period. We begin in the mystical Andean city of Cusco, where Inca stone walls and temples line the narrow cobblestone streets. This eclectic city offers culture, history, and modern charm in a spectacular mountain setting. Next, in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, we explore the ruins and traditional market of Pisac and the historical town of Ollantaytambo, the only Inca village that has been consistently inhabited until our times. The highpoint of our trip is a full-day visit to Machu Picchu, one of the world's most beautiful marvelous.
Cusco City Tour
Arrive Cusco on morning flight; transfer to Hotel; time to rest and then in the afternoon city tour of Cusco, including Q’oricancha, Sacsayhuayman, Q’enko, Pucapucara, and Tambomachay.
We depart Cusco in the morning and travel through the spectacular Sacred Valley of the Incas to our first stop at Pisac. Here we visit the traditional Andean market and ruins, then continue to Urubamba for a delicious buffet lunch. Our next stop is the archeological complex and Inca settlement of Ollantaytambo and finally to the village of Chincheros before returning to Cusco for the night.
Machu Picchu Sanctuary
We catch the early morning train through the Sacred Valley to Aguas Calientes (approx. 4 hours). From here, we take a tourist bus up to the magnificent ruins. A professional, English-speaking guide will give us a complete tour of the wonderful complex, and then we have time to explore the magical ruins on our own. Afternoon we’re going to have lunch in Aguas Calientes, then train back to Cusco.
Morning transfer to the airport in Cusco for flight to Lima
What is Included:
• Transfers AIRPORT/HOTEL/AIRPORT
• Guide and transport for city tour of Cusco, including Qoricancha, Sacsayhuayman, Q'enko, Tambomachay, and Pucapucara
• Tourist ticket for entrance to all sites on tours
• Private tour of Sacred Valley, including Pisac market and ruins, the ancient Inca settlement of Ollantaytambo, Chincheros
+ Buffet lunch in Urubamba
• Round trip train tickets, Backpacker Service
• Entrance fees to Machu Picchu
• Bus Round Trip from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
• Guided tour in Machu Picchu
• Lunch in Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu town)
• Transfers HOTEL/Train Station/HOTEL
What is not Included:
• Hotel is not included; however, we can recommend and reserve hotel accommodation based upon passenger request.
• Tips for the Tour Guide
We can offer $15 of discount to students with a valid International Student Identity Card ISIC.
You won’t share the group with other people.
Departures all year
Where others may join your group. Departures all year.